Advocating for the PCP future
A funding extension until 30 June 2020 and a review was confirmed in a letter to all PCPs last week following a parliamentary debate in September, and PCPs initiating a #SecurePCPsFuture campaign in early October.
“We welcome an open and meaningful review of our work. This will be the first review of PCPs since we were established in 2000 and it is something we have been requesting now for some time.” Kevin Feeney (Chair Vic PCP) Vic PCP media release 16 October 2019
How you can help?
Thank you all so much for your incredible support so far advocating to retain PCP funding. Phone calls and letters to the Minister and Local Members, articles in newsletters and commentary on social media, have all been highly successful in passing on the message that we value working together locally to keep our local communities healthy and well.
Please keep sending out these messages and let us know about your advocacy efforts as they will provide important evidence for the Review. Email Jacky at [email protected]
- Visit the Vic PCP web advocacy page and sharing the Infographic and Case study report with you networks.
- Send a letter
- Comment on the social media.
For information and resources to assist you advocate to secure funding for PCPs visit VIC PCP.
What we stand to lose across Victoria?
- 28 established local health partnerships across Victoria
- 19 years experience in partnership brokering
- Strong, vibrant networks that connect more than 800 organisations across the state.
- Better health and well being outcomes for Victorians in the places where they live.
For more detail on the quality and diversity of PCPs work see Contributing to better health and well being outcomes for our communities: Examples from around Victoria:
What we stand to lose in the Outer East?
- Support to maintain the relationships we have established in our 19 years together
- Resources for innovation, quality improvement, research, workforce development, community engagement
- Support to coordinate our prevention efforts
- Support to implement government policy
- Help in bringing more resources into the Outer East