Hoarding and Squalor Regional Network
The OEPCP has been working with the network on a project to build greater awareness of hoarding as a mental health condition, decrease stigma, and gain support from the sector and funding bodies to improve service responses to hoarding.
In the first phase of this project we developed 4 personas that represent a sector worker, family member and two clients with differing levels of hoarding challenges and insight into their hoarding.
In the second phase of this project we used these personas as a basis to tell a story of:
- The lived experience of people experiencing hoarding – people with the condition, their family members/carers and people working in the sector.
- The experience of people with hoarding behaviour or their family/carers accessing and using services in the sector.
- The experience of staff working in the sector trying to find/deliver services to support people experiencing hoarding.
- The key themes /challenges/gaps for all those experiencing/working with hoarding
- Provide considerations for Service Providers based on the findings.
For more information about this project please contact Jean Crewe
Behind the Clutter: A report that raises awareness and builds empathy and understanding about the challenges of hoarding