Promoting Healthy Eating and Food Security
Food security exists when all people at all times have physical, social and economic access to food; which is safe, sustainable and consumed in sufficient quantity and quality to meet their dietary needs and food preferences, allowing for a healthy and active life.
Nourish Food Fairness Outer East takes lead in the region for advocacy, action and research into food security at the community and individual level. We are a voluntary alliance of individuals, agencies and government organisations committed to working together to improve food security in the Outer East. Formed in 2008, the network aims to:
- Share our ideas, resources and expert knowledge
- Collectively advocate for a focus on food security
- Keep developing our skills, knowledge and expertise
- Participate in and conduct local research
- Connect across sectors and to the broader community