Clients with multiple and sometimes complex needs require multiple health services from a range of programs and service providers. This requires a coordinated approach that ensures services work together to achieve improved health outcomes for patients.
We are working to strengthen the primary health system to deliver health care that is person-centred, accessible and timely.
- Developing a shared understanding about the existing barriers to accessing health care
- Using the consumer experience to guide the identification of service integration issues and required system changes
- Achieving greater consistency in referral, information sharing and discharge processes
- Supporting agencies to implement identified improvements and system change
- Develop agreed ways for measuring success and change