Action on Alcohol Flagship Group
The Action on Alcohol Flagship Group is a partnership committed to taking action in the Eastern Metropolitan Region (EMR) to reduce the harmful impacts of alcohol in our local communities.
With a focus on primary prevention the core pillars for action include:
- Advocacy | influencing systemic change to reduce alcohol related harm in the EMR
- Community Awareness | promoting responsible drinking cultures in a range of settings
- Systemic Change | aligning efforts to apply best practice statutory planning and decision making that considers the social and health impacts of alcohol supply within the community
- Organisational Capacity Building | improving access to data and evidence based practice to support organisational readiness to minimise alcohol related harms
- Leadership | being a platform for collective action on primary prevention across sectors
The group includes representation from Community Health and Wellbeing organizations, Local Government representatives and other relevant Population Health organisations.
Contact: David Towl (Chair of the AAFG) at [email protected]
Under aged Drinking in Sporting Clubs Pilot Project
Your Shout Conference
Chin Youth Soccer Program: In partnership with the Eastern Migrant Information Centre the EMR AAFG supported a soccer program to connect Chin youth. View the video and Program One and Program Two evaluation.
Interviewing the local community about their views on alcohol and young people and creating a data dashboard. Find out more