Breaking the Ice with…Youna Kim
What is rocking your work world today
Seeing real life-changing work on the ground post the Royal Commission into Family Violence. Also witnessing how innovative and funded programs are making positive changes for women and children, their pets and animals who are responding to family violence.
What are you most excited about in your job this year?
- The successful launch of HaiR-3R’s which is a free training program on gender equality and family violence. The purpose is to educate salon professionals on how to respond to and refer clients who may be victims of family violence. To date over 400 professionals have attended the training program and it has received coverage nationwide on television, radio, and online. You can also find more information and like HaiR-3R’s on Facebook.
- EDVOS Primary Prevention team is gaining its momentum after the successful launch of Level Playground which aims to promote and inform parents and educators on non-gender specific play, learning and reading activities
- Building new partnerships and collaborating on innovative projects with local, national and international corporate and peak bodies outside the welfare sector to promote gender equality.
- More than 1,600 community members were informed on ‘3Rs (Recognise, Respond and Refer) in Family Violence’ by EDVOS Education and Training.
Where would you like to see your work go? What are your ambitions?
For people to see true value in the importance of gender inequality, for everyone to take action to tackle family violence and promote respectful relationships.
What do you want to be known for professionally?
A strong work ethic; and being client focused, dedicated and committed to raising the awareness of family violence and achieving gender equality.
In your job, what is something you are proud of?
Working alongside people who are passionate, genuine and committed.
Who inspires you?
People with strong ethics, integrity and drive.
What are 3 things on your bucket list?
- Focussing on positivity
- Caring for people I love
- To keep on believing in myself and continue to be inspired by other people